Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday Decor: Textiles by Tissus Tartares

The designs behind the stunning fabrics of Tissus Tartares were inspired by the Russian heritage of two founders and friends, Olya Thompson and Nathalie Farman-Farma. I adore the rich colors and elaborate prints of the textiles. I see it as a rival of the old and long-forgotten past. Something I remember seeing as a kid at my grandmother's house. Something I admired back then, studying every single line, every little dot and flower, repeating on a grid and creating a pattern. It brings up happy memories.

The names of each fabric reference Russian names, culture and folklore. For example, one of the fabrics is named after one of the greatest poets Mikhail Lermontov, while another one - after the famous opera Sadko by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, or the ballet Nutcracker by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...