Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Red Berries + Colored Lights + White Lace

Only ten days are left before Christmas! This year more than ever I have been obsessing over the holiday decorations. At first I was debating whether or not I should make everything white. Then I realized that the white decorations will wash out against the light colored walls. Thinking and experimenting for a while I came up with the following inspirations:

~Red berries covered in snow: what a beautiful color combination!

~Colored lights: they will always have a special place in my heart, reminding me of the ones we had at home when I was little. I tied little ornaments to a variety of leftover ribbons that added color to this festive wreath.

~White lace reminds me of snowflakes: every one of them is so unique! I painted lace on the mirror with a little brush using White Window Writer Paint. The inspiration for the storm door owl came from the incredible designer Ruthi Auda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...