Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Style: Stripes

Happy Monday everyone! I am starting this new week with something I have been a huge fan of for as long as I remember: STRIPES. When worn thoughtfully, a nice stripe will flatter anyone. It will give confidence and bring a timeless touch to any ensemble. Just think of Coco Chanel who introduced the world of fashion to the famous horizontal striped shirt, traditionally worn by sailors and fishermen.
With the audacious direction in which our modern fashion is going I am especially thrilled to witness (and wear myself) mixed patterns; nowadays they are more acceptable than ever before! It has to be well edited and not overdone, but mixing stripe with plaid or florals, or even better - polka-dots, can look absolutely amazing. Just be mindful of scale.
Going back to plain old stripe, I simply love it and cannot get enough of it. This little selection I put together is just a small drop in the ocean of what the fashion industry offers today. Hope you enjoy it!
Tie Back Stripe Swing Top, LOFT
Chevron Comfort Set, Anthropologie
Stripe Sweater-Skirt, J.Crew
Multi Colored Wedge, Pierre Hardy
Striped Canvas/Printed Python Bag, Proenza Shouler
Petit Bateau Turtleneck, Ann Mashburn
Benji Shorts, A.L.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...